A delicious and healthy steamed fish recipe perfect for stay in #FishFriday night dinner or a lovely brunch on a lazy afternoon. The accompanying salad is colourful and full of fresh veggies that’s why I choose to call it a Rainbow Salad.
- 1 large sea bass scaled and gutted
- 1 large lemon
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary
- Garlic sea salt
- Red Chilli powder
For the steamed veggies on the side
- 2 small carrots per person
- Handful of green peas person
For the Rainbow Side Salad
- 1 fresh pepper (capsicum)
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 a courgette
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp Red wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Sea salt
- Olive Oil
To steam the fish
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C
- Wash the fish and place on the foil.
- Stuff the lemon wedges inside the fish along with the Chives, rosemary and thyme.
- Sprinkle generously with sea salt, red chilli powder and a drizzle of olive oil
- Wrap the fish in the foil parcel and cook in the oven until it has cooked through, should take about 20-25 minutes.
- Steam the veggies in a steamer.
To make the Rainbow Salad:
- Chop all the vegetables into tiny bite sized cubes.
- Place chopped veggies in a large bowl and drizzle olive oil and add the red wine vinegar.
- Season well with sea salt and add a generous sprinkle of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Mix well
- Plate a portion of the fish and serve the steamed carrots and peas on the side.
- Serve a generous helping of the crunchy veggies salad.
Here is another recipe to try if you are cooking sea bass:
- Fennel and Pancetta Baked Sea Bass from Anne’s Kitchen