Put all your eggs into one basket for this exciting linky bloggers!
The new year seems to be hurtling us ahead in time at a lightning speed. January came and went in the blink of an eye! And before we know it we are already in Feb and the annual frenzy surrounding Valentine’s day seems to be in the air.
Every evening while I return from my evening stroll I happen to pass by a beautiful flower shop. The florist has gone a bit overboard this year with a massive heart-shaped display of red roses, red balloons and cute cuddly teddy bears! I think looking at that window display every day has subconsciously influenced me into purchasing a heart-shaped baking tray – believe me, I have resisted for many years now but this year, I just succumbed to the temptation.
So a heart-shaped cake or two will soon feature on the blog! That got my co-hosts, Jo and Karen thinking about the theme for this month’s #TeaTimeTreats linky and we all unanimously agreed on EGGS!
The vital ingredient to most sweet and savoury #TeaTimeTreats, eggs are not just for breakfast! Think muffins, cakes, cupcakes, sandwiches, quiches, french toast, pakodas, sweet and savoury delights! The possibilities are endless 🙂 Afternoon tea never felt so egg-citing 😉
Just a few reasons we at the #TeaTimeTreats team love EGGS!
- Eggs are so versatile to cook with and they are easy on the pocket.
- Eggs are DELICIOUS , great for kids and adults alike.
- ONE egg has 13 essential vitamins and minerals.
- ONE egg contains 6 gms of protein – wow!
- Eggs are an egg-cellent source of vitamin D, vitamin B12, phosphorus and riboflavin
- Eggs are great for those looking to loose weight as they can easily be incorporated into a healthy meal plan to support a regular exercise regime.
So please do join in and link up with us for this month’s #TeaTimeTreats linky, can’t wait to see your cakes, pancakes, bakes, muffins, rolls, wraps, stuffed delights, crispy delights, fried temptations, based goodies, sweet treats, savoury treats and other creative recipes with egg as one of the ingredients- bring it on!
Meanwhile, if you are looking for some recipe inspiration for leftover ingredients from Christmas that are still lurking around in your freezers, then have a look at these 7 creative ideas to have some fun cooking for tea.
7 tea time treat recipe ideas – January 2017 #TeaTimeTreats recipe round-up by Jo of Jo’s Kitchen Blog.
Just a gentle reminder of some simple rules to follow while linking up to #TeaTimeTreats
- Post your recipe on your blog with a link to Lavender and Lovage, Travels for Taste and Jo’s Kitchen and mention the relevant month’s host and attach the Tea Time Treats logo as shown on the event page.
- Add Tea Time Treats in your blog post as a label/tag.
- The recipe can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere. You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge.
- Please be as creative with the theme as you like.
- If you put your post on Twitter please mention @KarenBurnsBooth, @travelsfortaste, @Jos_Kitchen and #teatimetreats in your message and we will re-tweet all those we see.
- You do not need to enter every month to join in with the challenge.
- Your post can be submitted for other blogging challenges, just make sure this complies with the rules of the other challenge.
- VIP: Add your recipe link to the live linky posted at the bottom of every challenge post.
- If using a recipe from another person, book, website, chef or blog, you must link back to the original recipe and not reproduce the recipe in full in your post. You must also use your OWN images for the recipe and not the original images, unless you have permission to do so, with appropriate links and any other information requested by the photo’s owner added to the image.
Get your creative hats on bloggers and make some magic happen with those eggs! Am so egg-cited to see what you come up with! (Don’t blame for being so egg-static!)
(Copy and paste the code below into your Text editor to embed the logo into your blog post)
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/tea-time-treats" title="Tea Time
Please add you Afternoon Tea and Tea Time Treats recipe links below!
THANK YOU and have a dreamy, happy and lovely February 2017, may every tea time be filled with inspirational recipes and eggy treats!
Manjiri, Karen and Jo xxx