I baked these to cheer myself up and trust me they have done more than that ! I baked cookies for the first time ever and I was gald they turned out so nice .
They take a total of about 30 minutes to prepare including the baking time so they are not just easy peasy they will earn you massive brownie points with everyone at home !Enjoy!
Ingredient List :
- 175g softened butter
- 115g sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 50g chopped chocolate
These will make about 25 small cookies and about 15 beeeggg ones , I like the bigger ones more fun to chew ,chomp and gobble !
- Measure out the butter and sugar and mix well with a spoon in a mixing bowl . I love my beeegg Orange plastic bowl for this :).The butter should be kept outside and must be soft , if not put it not a thick glass bowl and hold it over a pot containing ho water , that should do the trick!
- Then add the flour in parts and mix well.
- Add a pinch of soda bicarbonate and another pinch of baking powder.
- Then crush the chocolate with your hand if it is soft ,if not just make pieces and add them with the little chocolate dust that you create in the process.
- If you have a cookie cutter use that to cut out shapes , especially if you are baking for little ones:)
- I simply make tiny dough balls in my palms , rolled them around and kept the centre puffy and flattened the sides , then placed them on my baking trays and baked them for 15 minutes at 180C.
- After 15 minutes remove from oven and place on a wire rack to completely cool down.
- The settings on other ovens which coordinate are 350F/Gas mark 4.
Enjoy with your cuppa tea , sip sip ,dip dip 🙂
The Dough is all done….
The 2nd tray is ready to go into the oven to Bake
The 1st tray was polished off in minutes , this is what remains from the 2nd tray ,whoooahahahahhaha;)
The SUPERMAN mug was then filled with some cold milk and several burps later a few crumbs remained :