After the masterclass with Master Chef Marco Pierre White, where he cooked us steak in Knorr Beef stock cube and served it with a creamy three peppercorn sauce – I was hooked onto the taste of the Knorr three peppercorn flavour pot. This mix of 3 peppercorns will add a depth of flavour to your dishes. Whether used in a straightforward steak sauce or a luxury pork stroganoff, this little pot will instantly add a touch of indulgence to your meal.
Unilever has agreed to Giveaway TWO lucky winners a chance to WIN one of TWO goody bags PACKED to the brim with Knorr flavour pots and stock cubes. These stock pots have been created by Chef Cameron Healy who is part of a team of dedicated professional chefs, based at Knorr Headquarters, who work together to develop Knorr’s culinary creations, with good food, convenience and innovation as the main thought process behind these products.
As you know by now I love seafood and I simply cannot resist buying fresh fish. Last week on my way home from work I saw fresh herring at the supermarket and just had to bring home some for dinner. I wanted a very light quick and easy fish dish which I could have with a heavy creamy soup so I rustled up this easy baked fish. Since we were already going to consume a creamy soup I wanted to avoid using single cream to make any gravy sauce.
This baked fish recipe is a super quick and easy meal idea with very few ingredients and makes for a delicious meal. Served with a fresh leafy baby kale and cherry tomato salad it makes a refreshingly light choice. No oil is used in this dish and though the butter is 2 tbsp it is the only thing that you will add other than the flavour pot. Besides Herring are very high in the long-chain Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, they are also a source of vitamin D.
A low – calorie meal for two readies in under 25 minutes – can it get any better? Think not!
I have used the Knorr three peppercorn flavour pot that was in my goody bag which all loggers received at the end of a day packed with masterclasses spent at the Unilever headquarter in the U.K at Leatherhead.
If you love cooking with the flavour of fresh herbs and spices, but prefer the convenience of dried, Knorr flavour pots allow you to create delicious meals infused with aromatic and fresh flavours in no time at all AND with the very same convenience that dried products offer.
Knorr three peppercorn Baked fish recipe
- 2 whole herrings fresh – with the head and tail removed.
- Smoked sea salt
- 1 and half Knorr three peppercorn flavour pots
- 1 large red onion finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 3- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- Pre-Heat the oven to 180 °C. Keep the butter out so that it is not straight from the fridge
- Wash the herring fish under running tap water. I asked the fishmonger to slit it through the middle and clean it from inside for me after removing the head and the tail.
- Place the fish on baking parchment in a baking tray and sprinkle liberally with Maldon smoked sea salt.
- Wrap the parchment to make a neat parcel.
- Bake the fish in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 °C.
- Meanwhile, heat a heavy-bottom pan on medium heat.
- When the pan is at add 2 heaped tbsp of butter.
- Add in the bay leaf and then finely chopped onion and finely chopped garlic with skins. Then add in the Knorr three peppercorn flavour pots and cook until the onion has gone soft.
- Once the fish has been baked, remove from the oven and allow for the steam to escape.
- When you can hold the fish in your hand without scalding remove the skin which should come of pretty easily and remove the bone, it comes straight off which is great, one clean sweep. Don’t worry if the fish falls apart, it will still taste amazing!
- Plate each fish onto 2 plates.
- Place the onion onto the fish and serve with baby kale and chopped cherry tomatoes. If you wish to sprinkle some sea salt on the salad leaves.
WIN one of TWO goody bags PACKED to the brim with Knorr flavour pots and stock cubes
Each GOODY BAG from KNORR contains :
- 2 x Mexican Flavour Pot
- 2x Garden Herbs Flavour Pot
- 2 x Paprika Flavour Pot
- 2x Ginger and Lemongrass Flavour Pot
- 2x Curry Flavour Pot
- 2x Garlic Flavour Pot
- 2x Mixed Chillies Flavour Pot
- 2x Fish Stock Cube
- 2x Pork Stock Cube
- 2x Ham Stock Cube
- 2 x Chicken Stock Pot
- 2 x Beef Stock Pot
- 2 x Veg Stock Pot
How to enter the giveaway:
You too could WIN ONE of TWO of these GOODY BAGS from KNORR PACKED with exciting products from the flavour pots and stock sauces range, all you have to do is :
- Follow me on twitter – @manjirichitnis
- Like my Facebook page and leave your Facebook name as part of your comment.
- Follow me on Instagram
- Tweet out the following –
#KNORRGIVEAWAY #WIN with @manjirichitnis 1 of 2 GOODY BAGS with @knorr Flavour Pots & Stock Cubes, Baked fish recipe bit.ly/1s9fRYW
- Leave a comment below telling me which is your favourite herb, your Facebook name used to like my FB page, your Instagram handle. I will find you on twitter via the hashtag so it’s not required for you to mention your twitter handle in the comments. Do not share your email id in the comments, please.
Please have a read through the Terms and Conditions below:
- Winners will be picked using Random Number.
- Deadline for entering this contest is 15th January’ 2015 midnight GMT.
- Entry is open only to residents of the U.K except for Scotland and Ireland.
- All entrants must be 18 years old and above.
- Two lucky winners will be chosen using a random number generator.
- The giveaway prize is as mentioned in the post. Neither Knorr or I am liable for any damage of hamper and / or contents in transit.
- Please allow a minimum of 15 days for delivery of the prize, which may reach earlier or later. The goody bags will be sent directly by Knorr.
- The prize is as stated: no cash alternatives are available.
- I retain the right to DISQUALIFY any entrant who does not complete all the 3 steps mentioned above.
- The winner will be notified on 16th January’ 2015 on Twitter by me and here on my blog post. I shall tag the 2 winners on Twitter via their twitter ids. If you are declared as the winner you agree to allow me and Knorr to contact you via email id to arrange for the goody bag to be sent out to you.
- If the TWO winners fail to respond by 18th January’ 2015 then other winners will be chosen.
*With thanks to Unilever and the Knorr PR team for arranging the fabulous gifts for the two goody bags. No monetary compensation was offered for a positive review. As always all opinions expressed here are entirely my own. References Wiki.
While you are here why not have a look at the other giveaways on my blog and increase your chances of winnings cool freebies!?!
- Win one beautiful Hotel Chocolat gift bag with fabulous cocoa cuisine products, to participate click here.
- CLOSED Win a box of Chef Inspirations Saveurs Du Monde Box of 16 chocolates from Godiva, to participate click here– CLOSED.
- CLOSED Win 5 delicious sauces from the WORLDFOODS Asian Fusion Flavour Sauces, to participate click here – CLOSED.