This simple salad is a favourite at my mum’s .You can impress your guests with this simple and quick recipe that would look like you have really slaved to get it right. Nothing better I say 😉
Prep Time: 15 minutes including the grating
You will need:
- 3 fresh medium-sized organic carrots
- 1 tsp small size black mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon oil
- 1 Large heaped tbsp Chobani Blood Orange yogurt
- Peel and grate the carrots after beheading them – Ha! I wanted to write that just to reinforce the morbid tone here that the word ‘’Blood Orange’’ .Wonder why such a delicious fruit has such a murderous sounding name 😉
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a saucepan and pop in the mustard seeds and the finely chopped green chilli
- When the mustard seeds begin to explode like miniature heat bombs, add the grated carrot and stir lightly.
- Add salt to taste and take off the heat. We don’t want to overcook the carrot here and need to ensure it stays nice and crunchy!
- Serve in small portions with a large blob of the yogurt on top ensuring you use a spoon that goes to the BOTTOM of the pot of yogurt as the fruity bit and heavenly fruity yogurt likes at the BOTTOM of these pots, like a secret hidden treasure, ummm!
I hope you enjoy making these FAT free yogurt recipes and feel good about lowering the overall calorie count of these dishes.