I often crave to munch on something like most of us do and just munching on something so different and bursting with flavour is satiating.
Plus there’s a lot less guilt munching on something that’s baked rather than deep-fried right?? Well, ahem! This recipe was adapted from one I found on All Recipes.
What I love most about this is that it’s done quickly, give it a prep time of 5 min, a cook time of 15 mins, and is ready in 20 minutes! What more can one ask for, just get that oven fired up people!
So here’s what you will need :
Baked courgette chips
- 2 medium courgettes
- 2 tbsp Grated parmesan cheese
- 100 gm Golden Breadcrumbs
- 2 Egg whites
- SmokedSea Salt as per taste
- Groundblack pepper
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Italian herbs
- Olive Oil
- Add the breadcrumbs, cheese, herbs, smoked sea-salt ( I use Oak-smoked Anglesey sea salt, it really packs a punch) ,ground black pepper, Italian herb-mix into a bowl and mix well
- Pour the egg whites into another small bowl
- Slice the courgettes fine, I use a mandolin to get wafer-thin round slices
- Dip the courgette slices into the egg whites and then quickly into the bread crumb mix
- Pre heat the oven
- Line a baking tray with foil and using a brush apply some olive oil to the foil or use a low-calorie oil spray
- Place the courgette slices onto the baking tray
- Bake each side for 5 minutes at at 240°C / Gas Mark 9
- Once completely cool, transfer to an air-tight container and consume within 1-2 days
I gobbled them up in one sitting! All washed down with a big cuppa of my steaming hot and sweer masala Chai, perfect for a summer afternoon when all you want to do is read that ”unputdownable” book! I am currently reading Dan Brown’s Inferno, what’s on your reading list?
I am guest hosting the blog linky ‘In My Veg Box’ again this year in March 2015 on my blog, an event run by Vegetarian food blogger Nayna Kanabar of Citrus Spice UK and the theme this month is Courgettes. Just added in my favourite Baked Courgette ‘chips’ recipe to the linky.
Would love to see all your lovely creations with Courgettes, do link up, all details on how to link up are available on my post here.