Grass-fed, free-range, heritage breed meat from the Yorkshire Dales – home delivered
Looking for exceptional tasting, restaurant-quality British meat? Let me introduce you to Swaledale Online Butchers. Swaledale Butchers have built their business on the foundation of working only with native rare breed livestock, farmed sustainably and ethically. Their experience of working with some of the leading chefs in the country will ensure that the meat you purchase is not just restaurant quality but premium.
Exciting meat boxes specially for the BBQ season
Swaledale Online Butchers offers a large selection of meat and chicken. For the BBQ season, I would highly recommend their Spring BBQ box. This box will give you a good range of wholesome cuts from their heritage breeds. You can get creative and serve up a meat fiesta to please a crowd!
All you need to do is fire up the BBQ and get cooking!
What is inside the Swaledale Online Butchers BBQ Box?
- 2 x 180g Denver Steaks
- 4 x 135g Free Range Herb-fed Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 x 120g Lamb Chops
- 2 x 220g Pork Ribeye Steaks
- 1 x 495g pack of 6 Yorkshire Breakfast Chipolatas
- 1 x 480g pack of 6 Lamb Merguez Sausages
Priced at £44 this is a tempting deal for premium quality heritage breed meat.
Keep Calm and get your BBQ on!
Summer, sunshine, great weather, BBQ parties, and cocktails – that for me is the essence of these glorious few months. I have just the recipe for you to create a fabulous meal with less fuss and a few ingredients. I used the Swaledale Online Butchers Yorkshire breakfast Chipotlas from their Spring BBQ box for this recipe.
Grilled Masala Sausages served on a bed of puy lentils and enjoyed with a side of greens
So far, I have used the following cuts of meat from my meat box delivery from Swaledale Online Butchers to cook up the following dishes:
- Free Range Herb-fed Chicken Drumsticks – Juicy Lemon Chicken traybake. Ross chicken, that hand-fed a rich diet of ten varieties of fresh herbs, it was a joy to work with these drumsticks
- Diced Mutton – Traditional family recipe for a mutton curry – deep, intense flavours that work so well with the beautifully aged mutton. The ewes graze on a variety of wildflowers, herbs and grasses in the Yorkshire Dales. The older age of the animal – 2 years plus – gives it a complex flavour that reflects the diet of the ewes
- Free-range herb-fed whole chicken – Traditional Sunday Roast dinner – the diet of these slow-grown free-range chickens gives a depth of flavour that is noticeable. The hens enjoy a locally milled, additive-free, cereal-based diet in addition to a mix of at least ten herbs that also come from a local farm. I noticed that meat is darker and takes up more of the flavour from a marinade in a much shorter marination period.
- Merguez sausage Meat – I cooked up an easy One-pot Merguez sausage casserole using this very flavourful sausagemeat and the flavours were dancing on my palate, so so so good!
Rare, traditional breeds
Based in the stunning Yorkshire dales, Swaledale partners with the local farming community to bring the ultimate and most delicious ingredients directly to your kitchen.
How are they able to do this? By only working with farmers who rear traditional breeds.
Breeds like the Belted Galloway or Highland cow, which graze on the local landscape all year round and the result is beautifully marbled beef. Ross chicken, that are hand-fed a rich diet of ten varieties of fresh herbs – Imagine how this impacts the flavour of your herb-fed whole chicken roast! Delicious pork with a high-fat content that comes from the local Yorkshire bred Middle white pigs
Swaledale Butchers believe that everyone should be able to trace the exact provenance of their meat. As a consumer, to me, this means a lot because I know for a fact that important things like animal welfare, support of the local farming community, and a return of traditional heritage rare breed animals are assured.
Benefits of eating grass-fed, organic, traditional meat
- Purely grass-fed, free-roaming traditional livestock is bound to produce superior quality meat. Taste that reflects the natural environment where the animals have grazed. So essentially what you cook and plate up has beautiful natural flavours that stand out on their own even when combined with vibrant spices
- Ethical farming practices that benefit the local farming community means a sustainable system that benefits everyone in the chain
- Pesticide-free grass and animals that are not pumped up on antibiotics. A perfect example is that Swaledale cattle take 4-6 years to mature whereas commercial animals take up to 14 months or less, I shall leave you to do the math for yoursef!
- Grass-fed meat is higher in antioxidants, has a higher number of healthy fats, is packed with vitamins, and is, therefore, better for you.
- Cows, pigs, sheep, and poultry heritage breeds that are suited to survive outdoors and feed on the grass produce the best tasting meat.
Online ordering FAQ’s for Swaledale Online Butchers
- All the meat comes to you fresh and not frozen. It is suitable for home freezing and needs to be unpacked immediately. Everything reached me in pristine condition.
- The packaging is recyclable and designed to provide thermal insulation.
Swaledale Online Butchers have a strong ethos towards traditional rare breeds and their selection is a great example of the perfect field-to-fork experience. Expert butchery, 100% grass-fed, traceable provenance, and ethical practices are the hallmarks of their business. They work with top chefs and highly respected restaurants in London and across the U.K
I have sampled a large variety of their meats and will not hesitate to recommend them. As always my reviews are honest and based on my personal experience. This means that you can go ahead and buy with confidence.
*With thanks to Swaledale Online Butchers. I pride myself on providing unbiased reviews based on my personal experience.
Leave a Reply