Hello and welcome back to my happy space in the virtual world. I am so excited to share some festive excitement with all of you with a fabulous new festive Giveaway and a delicious chocolate-themed cocktail recipe too! Woohooo! But first, lets take a deep dive into all things Grenada and Chocolate!
What is the Grenada Chocolate Festival all about?
The sunny Caribbean island of Grenada is home to cocoa plantations and many other spices. For years now the island has been supplying cocoa to chocolate factories across Europe and North America. It was back in 1999 that the first ever local modern tree-to-bar fine chocolate factory was founded in Grenada by the late Mott Green and partners.
During the Christmas of 2013 Magdalena Fielden, a local resort owner and the founder of the Grenada Chocolate festival invited Mott over to share his wealth of knowldege about all things chocolate with her guest and tourists. Mott had never before been invited to talk about his work and share his passion but the response shown by the guests to Mott’s story was very encouraging. After Mott’s passing later that year, Magdalena created the first ever chocolate festival to honour his extraordinary journey and to highlight the contribution and hardwork of the local farmers and producers .
The festival is now litreally a movement of social change and has only gone from strength to strength. Now a very well-attended event that attracts global attention , this has also given birth to a whole host enterpreneurs and businesses revolving around locally grown cocoa.
When is the Grenada Chocolate festival happening next?
Grenada Chocolate Fest will celebrate it’s 10th Anniversary next year from the 17th to the 21st of May 2023. The highlight of the 10th anniversary is a twin celebration of local chocolate and local rum.
In adddition to the annual events that include popular activities like being a cocoa farmer for a day and a chocolate medidation event, next years 10th anniversary special events include has exciting new activiries planned like the learning how to make ‘under the counter’ cocoa infused Grenadian rum and much more!
For details about the festival, the various events and more, check out their website here.
True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
Magdalena and her family own and manage the sustainability award-wining water-front True Blue Bay Boutique resort on the south coast of Grenada. The resort is the host hotel for the festival and guests will have free access to some of the exciting events happening next year. The festival is open to everyone and welcomes all tourists visiting Grenada.
The resort hosts some amazing local food and drink experiences including a True Blue Farm-to-fork experience, Chocolate and Rum experiences, Grenadian cultural experience and more.
To Book your stay at True Blue Boutique resort check out availability here
Festive Chocolate Goody Bag Instagram Giveaway
Now that you know the amazing story behind the wonderful Grenada Chocolate festival and how it was created, you are ready to truly appreciate and enjoy a whole host of fine tree to bar chocolates all the way from Grenada and some great quality cocoa products – all for free (for one lucky winner) in the comfort of your own home! How? Well read on for details of participating in my Instagram giveaway!
Win a fabulous cloth goody bag stuffed with chocolatey goodies courtesy Grenada Chocolate Festival
How to enter my festive Instagram Giveaway courtesy Grenada Chocolate Fest:
- Head to my Instagram Account and check out my giveaway post.
- To enter, follow my account on Instagram and follow Grenada Chocolate Fest on Instagram, then like my Instagram giveaway post and add a comment while tagging any two friends. Each Tag counts as an entry. This step is mandatory.
- To increase your chances of winning, all participants can comment and share my post to their stories by tagging my Instagram account and Grenada Chocolate Fest, this can be done daily until the giveaway ends to increase your chances of winning. This daily step is optional. Sharing to story is a bonus entry
- I retain the right to DISQUALIFY any entrant who does not complete all the mandatory steps mentioned above.
- Accounts that follow me on Instagram just for the festive giveaway and unfollow me later will be banned from participating in any future giveaways – it is simply bad form to do this – kindly avoid, please? 🙂
- One lucky winner will be picked at random at the end of the giveaway period.
- The winner will be announced by me, the day after the giveaway ends – I will share the name and tag the winner on my Instagram story.
- The winner has to ensure they check their messages on Instagram for a message from me congratulating them on winning.
- The winner agrees to share their email with me so that it can be shared with Grenada Chocolate Fest who will arrange for the Goody Bag to be sent to the winner.
Please have a read through the Terms and Conditions below:
- One lucky reader who enters my Instagram Festive Giveaway and follows all the rules will win a goody bag with Chocolate courtesy of the Grenada Chocolate Festival. (This festive giveaway is hosted by me on my Instagram account and Instagram is in no way associated with this giveaway. I have made no monetary or other gains in kind by way of associating with this giveaway whatsoever)
- One lucky winner will be picked at random at the end of the giveaway period.
- My Instagram festive giveaway will run from 12th Dec 2022 Monday until midnight GMT on 25th of Dec’2022 Sunday.
- Entry is open only to residents of the U.K, except Scotland and Ireland.
- All entrants must be 18 years old and above.
- The winner agrees to share their email id with me and allows me to share it with the Grenada Chocolate festival who will then send them the goody bag directly. This means they will have to share their address with the festival.
- The giveaway prize comes packed in a complimentary beautiful sturdy re-usable eco-friendly cloth bag.
- The contents of the goody bag include Two Crayfish Bay Organic Chocolate 75%, Two Crayfish Bay Organic Coconut Cream, a Selection of individual squares of Crayfish Bay Organic Chocolate 75%, two traditional Grenadian cocoa balls, a Pack of roasted cocoa beans and a Pack of cocoa nibs.
- The prize is as stated: it is non-transferable, and cash alternatives or any other alternatives are NOT available.
- The winner will be notified on the 23rd Dec 2022 Friday via my Instagram account and here on my blog post too.
- If the winner fails to respond within 7 days after their name has been announced, then another winner will be chosen at Random. Please allow for 15 days after this process for the goody bag to reach you.
This is what one lucky winner will WIN!
Tips to enjoy your treats from Grenada Chocolate Festival like a Pro!
- The selection of individual squares of Crayfish Bay Organic Chocolate 75% are the perfect after-dinner treat.
- Grenadian cocoa balls are made from cocoa beans that have been pot-roasted, ground with a pestle and mortar, blended with various locally grown spices, and hand-rolled into balls. They are perfect for making traditional Grenadian cocoa tea, hot chocolate, or grated over a cappuccino.
- The roasted cocoa beans will have a bitter taste and are a healthy snack as they are said to benefit heart health. The beans have been hand-harvested, sweated, sun-dried, and pot-roasted on the sunny Caribbean island of Grenada. To use remove the shell and eat or add to breakfast cereal or yoghurt.
- Cocoa nibs are broken pieces of cocoa beans and are perfect as a snack or added to cakes or other dishes for added crunch and a chocolatey flavour.
You are welcome to add your own creative touch and enjoy your treats in any way you like!
Chocolate Martini Recipe
As promised earlier in my post, here is some bonus festive content.
No celebration is complete without an element of chocolate. And what better way to celebrate the spirit of the festive season and the Caribbean than with a Caribbean-themed cocktail?
This Chocolate Martini recipe is very easy to put together and a real celebration of all the things that the island is famous for – fresh spices, delicious chocolate made using local cocoa beans, and all things fun.
Decorate with grated nutmeg and ginger on top and as you sip on this fab cocktail, imagine how much fun it would be to enjoy this cocktail and so much more on the island of Grenada while sitting on a lovely soft sand beach with the warm sea breeze for company and the soft lapping of waves in the background …..sighhh…sounds positively heavenly to me!
- 1 Cocktail shaker
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 5 tsp Ground cardamom
- 175 ml AMAZ-IN chocolate liqueur plus extra for decorating
- 100 ml Blue Light vodka
- 75 ml Single cream
- Ice cubes
- Decorate the glass, first. Mix the cocoa powder and ground cardamom on a plate then por in a little AMAZ-IN in to a separate saucer.Gently dip the rim of each Martini glass in the liqueur and then into the cocoaand spice mix to coat. Set aside.
- Add AMAZ-IN, Blue Light vodka and single cream to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 20 seconds. Pour into the decorated glasses andraise a toast to the Caribbean!
*Feel free to swap up the ingredients with what you have on hand.
Dreaming of all things Chocolate? Why not browse through my chocolate-themed recipes below?
- Festive hot chocolate Vodka Martini with chilli-chocolate
- Chocolate coconut cake with coconut flavoured icing
- Basic chocolate cake with frosting
- Choco-chip cookies
*With thanks to Grenada Chocolate festival for providing such a fabulous Goody bag for my Instagram giveaway. All opinions expressed are my own. Image Copyright: all images with my watermark are styled and clicked by me, any other images in the post are courtesy the Grenada Chocolate Festival.
Leave a Reply