What better way to celebrate the news of #Royalbaby than with a grand dinner at home? Aptly for a royal announcement, I got some ”Duchy Originals” Welsh Organic Lamb Loin Chops. I had some long grain wild rice with me and had been meaning to use it for a while now.
I must admit I did cheat on the gravy though but intend to make my own gravy and store it in the fridge to be used in batches soon. But that is a discussion for later.
So this Gran Luchito smoked chilli paste came as part of the Goody Bag at FBC5 and I couldn’t wait to use it as their Smoked Chilli Honey is absolutely to die for! One taste at the Street Party at FBC5 and I was hooked. So here’s a simple easy peasy recipe that needs only less than 10 minutes to put together and about 35 minutes in the oven for the lamb.
- 4 lamb loin chops
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp smoked chilli paste Gran Luchito
- 1 measure (160 ml is the capacity of my rice measure which came with the rice cooker) long grain wild rice or enough for 2 people.
- Oil for greasing the pan
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Wash the lamb loin chops under running cold tap water and season with salt rubbing it well on the meat, generously apply the Gran Luchito smoked chilli paste to the lamb.
- Preheat the oven and while it’s heating up grease a baking tray with some oil.
- Place the marinated lamb chops on a baking tray and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, since it’s only 4 chops and soft fresh lamb meat cooks very quickly give one check after 20 minutes. If you plan to add any small new baby potatoes with skin, parboil them first and slice in half and then throw them around the meat tray.
- While the meat cooks, wash the wild rice and add 2 measures of water to 1 measure of rice. Salt to taste cover and cook till done.
- Serve the succulent lamb chop on a bed of steaming hot wild rice, and surround the meat with a generous serving of gravy
- If you also do the roast potatoes it just adds that much more crunch.
If you have time go the whole hog and add chopped carrots and red onions to the meat. Chop the carrots lengthwise and the onions too.2 carrots and one large red onion should be enough to bulk this meal for 2.
Gran Luchito chilli paste is a hit with the hubby now, so those Oaxacan smoked chillies they use certainly give a deep smokey and rich taste to the meat.