Choosing which area to book a Hotel Room in
Amsterdam, a destination that features in almost everyone’s bucket list. So when we finally made our way to the Netherlands, it was over the Easter holidays.
Our booking was done not completely last minute but enough to make me panic (!!!) I did want to book around Schipol though simply because the connectivity to the city centre is brilliant and most airport hotels provide complimentary hotel transportation to Schipol Airport (also the rail station) and back.
If visiting the beautiful Tulips Gardens at Keukenhof is what you have in mind then you might want to consider booking in Haarlem. Advantage of booking here would be cheaper hotel rooms with proximity to Keukenhof but with good connectivity to the city centre via trains.
This massive hotel has 440 rooms and suites. Our twin room was spacious and had a beautiful desk and came equipped with all the creature comforts that one would normally expect from a good business hotel.
Each room comes equipped with:
- Free wifi
- Safe to store your passport and any valueables
- Flat-screen TV
A slim- concealed wall cupboard to store essentials like the kettle, mugs and trays
Plenty of space to stow away luggage, coats and shoes
I loved the two huge chairs in the room, a massive mirror by the desk and a lovely desk and T.V
The bathroom came equipped with all the basic toiletries and was very clean.
Amenities at Steigenberger
- Shuttle service
- Free wifi
- Fitness area
- Swimming pool
- 24-hour room service
- Meeting Rooms
Just some basic pointers here, especially if you are planning to visit Amsterdam over Easter, half-term or any other holiday period:
- Book well in advance
- Always check rates on the hotel website and other booking sites
- Many times airlines offer great deals on hotel and flight bookings done together, always worth checking
- If you are traveling as a group, it is worth emailing the hotel directly to check out any special offers on bulk bookings
Top Tips to make the most of your time while in Amsterdam
Here are some recommendations to plan well and make the most of your visit to this beautiful and vibrant city:
- Plan your visit to the Tulip Gardens at Keukenhof
- Enjoy an evening tasting the best local cheese and wine
- Top 5 fun things to do in Amsterdam
* I planned this entire trip on my own and have paid in full everywhere I have stayed at and eaten at, also for all activities. As always all opinions expressed are as always my own.
Leave a Reply