Luxurious Boutique Apartment Hotel Located in the heart of the town centre at Bath Spa, England
Visiting the Roman Baths in England is on every tourist’s wishlist, which is why picking the right kind of accommodation for your needs is important. The Halycon is a collection of sophisticated self-catered Boutique Apartment Hotel located centrally for the main tourist destination – the Roman Baths. The 1700’s Georgian townhouse has been tastefully done to very high standards. Location-wise, there is a wide selection of restaurants and eateries located in and around the apartments, leaving one absolutely spoilt for choice.
What kind of a traveller are you?
We picked this Boutique Apartment Hotel because of its central location. We were travelling with elderly family members and our main criteria were to ensure ease of getting to the main attractions, on-site kitchen to rustle up a homely meal, transport links, and of course comfortable accommodation. Not only do these Boutique apartments cover the basics they also offer so many more amenities.
Halcyon Apartments are an ideal choice for:
- Perfect for a romantic getaway for couples
- Older travellers
- Solo female travellers
- Group of female travellers
Facilities at The Halycon – Boutique Apartment Hotel
Modern fitted kitchen with high-end appliances. Fabulous coffee-maker and the most important thing for us – a good kettle and a good choice of teabags. The kitchen was spotless. We shopped at a local supermarket and I made a quick pasta dinner for all of us the first evening. The fridge-freezer came in handy as we also picked up milk, eggs, and ice cream. Everything that would need to dine-in is available to use right from basic cutlery to kitchen knives, plates, wine glasses, etc. If you choose to and cook on-site there is a stive-top, oven, dishwasher.
Again, spotlessly clean, the bathroom comes equipped with high-end toiletries and soft bath towels. The laundry cupboard in the second bedroom had spare towels, an ironing board, iron, a baby high-chair, extra bedding and pillows too.
Most important – Very comfortable beds.
The fabulous interior decoration theme continues upstairs into the bedrooms. The bedding, light fixtures, and wardrobes all beautifully synchronised and matched. Lush! The whole apartment is an interior decorator’s dream and so very insta-worthy!
Other amenities include Free wi-fi, a flat screen TV and comfortable and stylish seating with complete black-out blinds throughout. We found a fabulous independently run pizza place and a bar right outside our accommodation and enjoyed a great takeaway in the living area.
Stunning boutique Hotel Apartment, well-equipped and extremely clean. Unbeatable location and loads of options for food and drink very close-by. Very safe and secure accommodation, ensuring peace of mind. Top tourist attractions nearby. Extremely easy to follow and clear instructions from the host for check-in and check out. The owners are very prompt to reply and can be reached easily.
The only thing that we were not too happy about during our stay which happened to coincide with some of the hottest summer days, was that the table fans and one tall fan don’t really do much in extreme heat. We did crack open the windows but the U.K dry heat and no breeze kind of weather did not help either. Why not air conditioning you might wonder, well the Halycon is housed in a period Georgian townhouse and is a listed building, that’s why. Also, considering this sort of heatwave is rare in the U.K, it is not really a deterrent.
There was some noise from morning deliveries to an establishment right in front of the apartment which faces this loading bay, so yes no view but again, this is not something that bothered us in the least.
We also had the shower malfunction in the early hours of the morning so by the time we called and asked for someone to be sent to check this out, my parents had already had their breakfast and left for seeing the Roman Baths. They wanted to reach the Roman Baths really early, which they did. This enabled them to avoid the majority of the tourist rush that starts coming in around mid-day. And considering we only stayed two nights, it was disappointing we had to deal with something like this. Although top marks for the speed at which this issue was sorted and how smoothly it was all handled.
Would we book again? Definitely.
Quick checklist and summary of why to book these gorgeous apartments:
- Location – short walking distance from The Roman Baths, Bath Abbey, and The Circus Bath
- Great variety of restaurants, cafes, shopping mall, and supermarkets
- Transport links
- Location: Henry Street Bath
- Nearest attractions: The Roman Baths, Bath Abbey, and The Circus Bath
- Walking distance from the Railway and Bus station
- Official Bath tourist website
Looking for travel inspiration within the U.K? Have a look at my other posts:
- England’s largest Vineyard – Denbie’s Wine Estate, Dorking, Surrey
- Exploring Guilford town and River Wey Valley, Surrey Hills, England
- Top 5 places near London for the perfect day out with family
- Borough Market, London’s iconic market steeped in history
- Portobello Market, Notting Hill, London – an insider’s guide
- Neighbourhood guide to Angel, Islington, London
- An insider’s guide to London Bridge and surrounding area in Central London
- Weekend Getaway, Southampton, England
- Five Bells Inn, Aylesbury, Weston Turville, England
- A week in North Wales – Holyhead and Treaddur Bay
- A week in North Wales – Southstack Lighthouse and Cemaes Bay
* I planned this entire trip on my own and have paid in full everywhere I have stayed at and eaten at, also for all tourist attractions. As always all opinions expressed are as always my own.