Spring is here and so is April, Easter breaks around the corner. With kids being at home it is a great time to cook up some delicious, healthy, and quick pasta recipes for the whole family. I love cooking pasta because it is a great way to bring smiles around on full tummies and its a great way to combine lots of greens with meat or leave out the meat totally and get a very healthy meal on the table. Its also a thrifty meal idea to use up things from your larder and fridge that would otherwise face sure death. Pasta comes to the rescue always!
This is the first-ever food challenge and linky that I shall be hosting so am nervous and hopeful that everyone participates with great enthusiasm 🙂 Thanks to Jacqueline who blogs at Tinned Tomatoes, for letting me host this lovely food challenge for April’14.
The theme for this month’s entry is – OLIVE OIL. I have just infused a bottle of olive oil with crushed garlic,chilli flakes and fresh Italian herbs! Am very excited to create something tasty with this oil and use some of large packet of Pappardelle Pasta I purchased yesterday!
Sounds exciting? Ready to join in the challenge?
The rules ARE:
PASTA PLEASE – Food Blog Challenge – April 2014
To join in, simply post a pasta dish on your blog by the 28th of April 2014
Link to Travelsfortaste and Tinned Tomatoes.
Use the Pasta Please logo in your post.
If you use twitter, tweet your post with @tinnedtoms and @manjirichitnis using the hashtag #PastaPlease and we will re-tweet it to our followers.
Current theme is Olive Oil.
Vegetarian dishes and with any dishes using meat,sea food,pork,beef,chicken,dry fish are allowed (any non-vegetarian
One entry per entrant.
Recipes must be added to the linky by 28 April 2014.
Please email me your post with one image on firstname.lastname@example.org.(Why? because the Linky has a GREMLIN inside and is not working! Thankfully its the last day to link up -phew!)
Entries So far :
- Tagliatelle with Chorizo,Garlic and Sundried Tomatoes by Corina of searchingforspice blog.
- Fusilli with Baked Eggplant and Marinara Sauce by Ridhi of Drizzling Delicious Blog.
- Easy Entertaining :Stuffed Pasta Shells by Katie of Feeding Boys Blog.
- Chicken Riggies: A Utica,New York Pasta Speciality by Rachel at The Crispy Cook Blog.
- Red Peppers in Pasta Bake, Stuffed and in Soup by Johanna of Green Gourmet Giraffe Blog.
- Extremely Delicious Vegetable Lasagne by Chris of Cooking around the world blog.
- Gnocchi with Asparagus,Sage & Prosciutto by Louisa Foti of Eat your Veg blog.
- Spicy Chorizo Pasta with loads of veggie goodness! by me 🙂