There’s no better way to get your summer party guests to cool down and settle in than by offering them a chilled fruity delight that takes away the torture of travelling in summer with the sun not feeling unapologetic as it beats down upon us!
I wanted to create a more complex flavour but settled for a sweet tangy combo with a few ingredients. It’s quick,easy and absolutely exploding with summer fruity goodness.
Makes 1.5 l and the plastic posh glass I served in holds 100 ml.
- 2 large organic mangoes
- 5 juicy strawberries
- 400 gm Pineapple chunks with juice – I bought the long life jars since I have a shockingly tiny refrigerator.
- Juice of 1/4th lime
- 225 gm Mango Pulp – I used half of a 450 gm tin of Kesar Mango Pulp
- I bought the Mediterranean Mangoes,the ones from a supermarket shelf where the skin appears green but when you gently press down onto the skin and pulp moves easily inside that means, they are ready for consumption, if you buy them a day in advance ensure you refrigerate them minus the plastic packaging to prevent over ripening and also ”sweating” of the fruit inside the plastic packaging.
- Scoop out the pulp from the ”cheeks” of the 2 mangoes and leave the rest for Caribbean Sweet Mini Pepper salad. Chop into big chunks for the blender.
- Wash the strawberries, halve them after removing the stalk
- Blitz the mango pieces, the pineapple pieces and the juice, the strawberries, mango pulp and juice of half a lime ensuring there are no seeds in it.
- Pour into a jug and leave to cool in the refrigerator.
- Serve with ice cubes in a fancy glass, I bought these plastic ones on a steal deal from the party section of a discount store. 🙂
This simple but delicious smoothie is perfect as a summer cooler and will not fail to impress your guests and besides its a great way to kick off a summer party!I hope you enjoy making and sharing this smoothie as much as I loved creating and writing about it, each glass refilled made me smile – a lot.
Why not also have a look at this easy and yum Strawberry Mojito Recipe by Helen who writes the blog Actually Mummy.
Oh, yes please! I’ve just watered the polytunnel and am now dripping! That would quench a thirst perfectly 🙂
Manjiri Chitnis says
Hey Janie, hope u managed to cool down several degrees after all that hard work!x
Shobha Keshwani says
This one looks too good with the flavours of various fruits blended together. Surely going to try it out.
Thanks Shobha, this one is a definite crowd pleaser!
Mayuri Patel says
That is what I need right now a tall glass of a refreshing smoothie as its so hot in Mombasa. A wonderful way to enjoy tropical all in one smoothie.
Ummm How I wish I could bask in the tropical sunshine too, London is absolutely freezing!
Chef Mireille says
I like the use of strawberries here – a unique twist to Caribbean punch!
Thanks Mireille, I love the combination of two of my fav fruits
Loving all the different fruits used in this smoothie. A yummy treat to refresh one in summers.
Thanks Renu, yes it is a very refreshing drink for the summer