This is again one of those recipes that has languished in my draft folder collecting virtual cobwebs for pete’s sake!
I even had a lot of positive response on Facebook when I uploaded a battered looking pic to my Facebook foodie album ”Food and how much I love it” 🙂
So here’s to finally sharing it on my blog,yay,cheers !Bring on the bubbly…err ok
Here’s what you will need:
- Fusili enough for 2 people
- Fresh basil one small bunch
- Olive Oil 2 teaspoons
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- Pine Nuts
- Salt to taste
- 2 medium-sized potatoes skinned and sliced
- French Beans about a handful
- For the pesto – Mix the Fresh basil , olive oil,pine nuts ,fresh garlic cloves 2-3, salt and green chillies to taste,give them a spin in the mixie ,all done!
- Boil the fusilli in water and salt to taste with the beans , when it’s almost done add the potatoes.
- Mix the pesto once the pasta and veggie mix is boiled and excess water has been drained.
- Grate some mozzarella and serve!
- Top tip from readers of this recipe was to replace the mozzarella with parmesan for lesser calories 🙂