Egg Omelettes are my ultimate delicious start for the day and on weekends if we wake early to have breakfast I like to do a huge omelette with salad ,toast and steaming hot cuppas of Masala Chai. Heaven !
My current favourite addition into a lot of salads,soups and omelettes are chestnut mushrooms so when I was sent the French Cheese Chaource produced by family-owned French dairy Fromagerie Lincet, I decided to make my own recipe for a fluffy, stuffed and thick cheesy egg omelette.
Family-owned French dairy Fromagerie Lincet has been producing cheeses typical of the Champagne and Burgundy regions for five generations. Rich,soft and creamy, the dairy’s Chaource AOP is great in omelettes ,risottos and tarts.Similar in texture to Brie and Camembert, Chaource AOP is creamier, richer and slightly acidic. With no artificial colours or flavours and 100% natural ingredients, it also benefits from PDO status.
Lincet is committed to its founding principles ‘flavour, natural ingredients and tradition, brought together to make good food’; using all-natural ingredients, traditional cheese-making methods and milk from local farms.Lincet has upheld the tradition of ladle-moulding since its opening and the dairy’s cheese curdling technique is the oldest known for making cheese.Longer than usual (12 hours +), this is what gives Lincet cheeses a melting texture and distinctive slightly acidic, flavour
Serves :2 Prep Time:5 minutes Cooking Time :5 minutes
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2-3 chestnut mushrooms chopped into bite size bits
- Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes – if you don’t want heat avoid completely
- Freshly CRacked Black Pepper
- A generous portion of Chaource Cheese
- Some fresh coriander chopped fine to garnish
- a blog of butter for the pan(2 tsp)
- In a large bowl crack the eggs and add the chopped red onion,mushrooms,cherry http://buycialisquality.com tomatoes and chopped coriander and whisk well with a fork.
- Then season with salt ,red chilli flakes (if you don’t want heat avoid completely) and pepper and whisk again with a fork.
- Now add the cheese and mix thoroughly and whisk again to get the air circulating and make this omelette really fluffy and thick.
- On a pan on medium heat melt about 2 tsp of butter and pour the egg and cheese mixture.
- Cook for about 2-3 on one side and loosen edges with a spatula.
- To watch the cheese bubble while it cooks is such a delight!
- Then with a light hand loosen the omlette with the spatula ensuring it isn’t stuck to the pan or it will break while tossing over.
- Flip over and cook on the other side for under 2 minutes to get a beautiful light brown golden delicious colour.
- Serve hot with fresh cherry tomatoes or iceberg lettuce and warm toast and lots of Earl Grey,English Breakfast or my new fav Chamomile tea 🙂
What I like about the Fromagerie Lincent Chaource is the goeey soft ,rich taste with woody undertones, it definitely gave a depth of flavour to my omelette and am now going to use the remaining in a risotto for a weeknight dinner.
It is available at:
- Waitrose, Top Tier Chaource AOP Hugerot 250g, £4.49 Waitrose
- Tesco Finest Chaource 250g, £3.00 Tesco
- TTD Chaource AOP 250g, £3.30 Sainsbury’s
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of Fromagerie Lincent Chaource to test in my kitchen and was not required to write a positive review and was not compensated monetarily for this post.Like all my previous posts about events and reviews, ALL opinions expressed here are entirely my own.