I often crave to munch on something like most of us do and just munching on something so different and bursting with flavour is satiating.
Plus there’s a lot less guilt munching on something that’s baked rather than deep fried right?? Well, ahem ! This recipe was adapted from here.
What I love most about this is that it’s done quickly, give it prep time 5 min, cook time 15 mins and ready in 20 minutes! What more can one ask for, just get that oven fired up people!
So here’s what you will need :
- 2 medium sized courgettes
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 100gm golden breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites
- Smoked Sea Salt
- Ground black pepper
- Half tbsp mixed Italian herbs
- A drop of olive oil to grease the foil
- Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese, herbs, smoked sea salt – mine is Oak smoked Anglesey sea salt, it really packs a punch, the ground black pepper,italian herb mix, in a bowl and mix well. Get the egg white in another small bowl. Slice the courgettes real fine and dip them first in the egg white and then into the bread crumb mix.
- Place on a baking tray lined with foil and bake each side for 5 minutes in a pre heated oven at 240 degree Celcius / Gas Mark 9.
I gobbled them with a cup of hot sweet and spiced up Indian Chai, perfect for a summer afternoon when all you want to do is read that ”unputdownable” book, it’s Dan Brown’s Inferno, whats on your reading list?
I am guest hosting In My Veg Box again this year in March 2015 on my blog, an event run by Vegetarian food blogger Nayna Kanabar of Citrus Spice UK and the theme this month is Courgettes. Just added in my favourite Baked Courgette ‘chips’ recipe to the linky.
Would love to see all your lovely creations with Courgettes, do link up, all details on how to link up are available on my post here.